MY FUTURE, MY ENVIRONMENT EDUCATIONAL CAMPAIGN
P.O Box 19499 – 00100
Dear Children and Youths,
Wouldn’t you want to be appreciated every time you learn or do something new on your own for the good of the environment? Well, Africa Environment, an umbrella name for Educative environmental initiatives has launched a campaign, My Future, My Environment to reward children and youths as they discover more about their ecosystem.
The campaign, which will run once every two months starting 1st October 2011, aims at raising students’/pupils’ awareness of sustainable development and environmental conservation issues via self-study and practice. This we aspire to achieve through:
- Disseminating information that promotes understanding environmental systems and environmental challenges.
- Encouraging self-learning on environmental aspects through research amongst children and youth.
- Influencing attitude change and promoting concern for the environment by means of incentives.
- Impart skills to prevent and mitigate the environmental problems through encouraging participation in exercising acquired knowledge.
Pupils enrolled in Kenyan primary and secondary schools are qualified to enter the Educational contest in the three entry categories: Lower primary, upper primary and secondary/high school.
Campaign rules can be viewed at our website http://Africa-Environment.info/Rules.doc
Entrants are required to:
- Fill in the entry form, downloadable from http://Africa-Environment.info/EntryForm.doc
- Answer one question (found on the entry form)
- Submit a painting or picture showcasing an issue in regards to the environment together with its brief description of not more than 300 words.
Winning entries will be awarded USD10 and USD15 for primary and secondary school entrants respectively. Winners in each session of the campaign will be featured in our website and contacted via phone and letter.
We look forward to working with you for the betterment of our environment.
Africa Environment Team